Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hello from Denver!



Hi everyone,

Ellen just helped me set up this blog so we will see how this goes. We are in Denver visiting with Jason and Ellen and having a great time!!. When I arrived on Friday, Jason and I took the light rail to downtown Denver where Ellen works. She has a really nice job at the Court house and then yesterday we were able to see Jason's law school--it is really beautiful! We got lots of pictures and we'll show them to you. Ellen is a cute pregnant lady :) We went to JoAnn's yesterday to pick out fabric for her baby quilt which will match her nursery. We also were able to visit with Sam and Christi yesterday at McDonalds and had fun seeing how big their boys are getting. Jason and Ellen live just a few minutes away from the Denver Temple and we were able to go do a session yesterday morning. It's been fun to get to know Roxy--she is such a pretty dog and she likes to play with her stuffed animals. We went to Jason and Ellen's Ward this morning and since they have been called to the Nursery--we went with them and got to see all of the little kids they help with each week. There is one little boy named Sam that is a "bully" and doesn't want to do anything--so Jason is trying to help him which is really cute.

Megan and I have had such a great time in Utah visiting with everyone. We have kept really busy! It has been wonderful to see our family in Utah--Ryan, Cassie, Eric and cute Beth, Zach and Alison and Kacey. Kacey is loving BYU and we were able to see her "home" at Heritage Halls and to get to know her roommates. She is having such a great experience. We've also been able to spend time with the "newlyweds" Zach and Alison and to see how well they are both doing. And of course, we have loved spending time with Ryan and Cassie and Eric and Beth. Eric is so sweet and Beth has the brightest smile! We've been able to help Cassie make a quilt for Eric for his 3rd Birthday and he already loves it! Cassie's Birthday was yesterday and Kirsten's 3rd Birthday is tomorrow. Happy Birthday!

Zach and Alison have such a nice apartment and we were able to drive up to Walzburg with them for the Alleman get-to-gether. Megan and I also went to their Ward last Sunday after we went to Kacey's church. We're sure proud of Kacey and her calling in the Relief Society Presidency and seeing her sit up front during Relief Society. While we were there--she had her Enrichment meeting that she was in charge of and it sounds like it was very successful! It's fun to be around Zach and Alison and see how much in love they are!

We just talked to Laura and Kirsten had a fun Birthday party with all her friends and tomorrow she will have a family party. Laura said that she will post pictures on her blog. Chris, Darlene and Jordon are doing good--it sounds like Jordon has grown since we've been gone. It's really hot in Texas and there doesn't seem to be any relief in sight.

Dad is in Utah this weekend and he has been busy with his family making the elevated train tracks to put along the ceiling in the big family room at his parent's house. Dad said it was a lot of work, but he enjoyed working with his brothers and sisters and with Grandpa Alleman. What a great project for them to do--I'm anxious to see it. Grandma Alleman painted us the most beautiful painting for our bedroom to match our new quilt. The painting almost looks like it should go in an art museum--but we are thankful to be able to hang it in our home.

Megan and I have also been able to spend time with Grammy and Grampy and have helped Grampy with his history, visited Fairview and Mount Pleasant, Utah where we were able to see graves and a home of Dad's Grandpa and great-grandmother. We had such a memorable time--Aunt Kathy even came with us which was fun. Kellie's wedding was beautiful and I'm so grateful that we were able to go to it and to share that special time with my sister's family.

We also got some work done in Provo--we took a mid term test and a final test for the class we were taking from BYU and we started a new class which is a children's literature class which looks really interesting.

Dad's job is a nightmare right now and I hope you will all keep him in your prayers. It was so good to see Dad last Thursday night when he drove to Provo with his sister, Karylee and her son Brad. Brad has really grown since we last saw him, he's even taller than his brother CJ. The will leave tomorrow morning to drive back to California and I'm flying back to Utah tomorrow afternoon. Then Megan and I will fly back to Texas on Wednesday and meet Dad at the airport since he will also be flying back home at the same time. Chris and Darlene have been taking good care of our puppies and our home and we sure appreciate them and all of their help.

I think I've probably written the longest blog in history--I'm sure we've left some things out--but we just wanted to join the world of this new technology. We love you all so much! We are truly the "Amazing Allemans!"

Love,
Mom Alleman

4 comments:

ellen said...

Looks good! We are so glad that you came!

Ellen and Jason said...

This is the greatest blog that I have ever seen!!! I am so proud of mom for taking such a bold step into the world of technology.

-Jason

Ryan, Cassie and Crew said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Oh, wait, if I am the one doing the welcoming then I better start writing more. We love you Mom!

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

what a good way to keep us all connected! welcome to a new techno world!