Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Project


Before showing you pictures of our project--I wanted you to see these pictures that were taken at our Thanksgiving feast at Chris and Darlene's house. I wish Jordon had been smiling--but I think he was thinking about all the turkey he was going to eat :) I know that Chris and Darlene look a little dangerous holding their electric knife--but Chris did a good job cutting the turkey.

I'm still trying to get used to blogging and putting the pictures in the right order--anyway--this should be one of the last pictures. This is our "added" floor upstairs once we filled in the space above the entry way. We plan to finish the floor with wood planks--and then it will be ready to build a computer desk in the corner.


Here is the start of our "Thanksgiving Project" pictures with Dad stripping the floor on the ledge and tearing off the wall board. The work has only begun...



Dad has cut into the wall so that he could attach the headers to the existing wall...with still lots of work ahead of us...




This is a picture of the headers installed along with the planks to put the flooring on and Dad enjoying a moment hanging from the ledge while working on getting one of the planks to fit. Those were heavy boards to have to put into place while standing on ladders...it was scary...But you can see how well it is built.






We took this picture after Dad finished doing the electricity--he was able to extend the existing electricity to put in the middle to attach our light.





Isn't this a beautiful ceiling! This is how it looks now with the sheet rock and tape and bedding done and the light temporarily installed. Now we just need to finish painting and put up the crown molding and then it's finished!







2 comments:

Ryan, Cassie and Crew said...

What a crowd! Thanksgiving must've been so much fun! And the project looks fantastic, Dad! I was hoping we'd see some "in progress" shots.

Ryan

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

Looks great! How does it look now? It must be nice to use the space now and not letting it go to waste! It was sure a lot of fun having you over for Thanksgiving. Chris and I had lots of fun and we're glad we could help with the ceiling project!